Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Need Your Help!

Mr. Milk and I spent a lot of the weekend talking about wedding invitations. We've decided that we want pocket-fold invitations in pearl and aqua metallic paper. We are narrowing down our colors, but are getting stuck on the color of the ink. I initially liked a sand/goldish color but then Mr. Milk suggested silver. Now I'm in a whirlwind of confusion as I can't decide. I like both! 

So here are a couple of pics of a quick sample I literally threw together just to get an idea/comparison. I was thinking about bridesmaids too (obviously) hense the content!





In all honesty I have never been a gold-type-of-person, but for some reason I am attracted to it now! Go figure. I thought I would throw my dilemma out to you gals for some feedback. What do you think? Which do you prefer? Any other suggestions? Help!

21 fabulous blogger's comments:

Unknown said...

Gold:-)

Maria said...

the gold shows up better on white paper, but if you're looking into pearlized paper, i'd look into plain color inks (black, navy, etc). you can always make them raised or something to stand out instead. pearl on pearl may be too much!
good luck!

Stacy Marie said...

I like the silver, but what are your other colors?

Amanda Leigh said...

I def like the Silver better with the blue color. But Maria is right about the gold standing out better. I think the raised idea is great!

Chocolate Lover said...

Sorry for the lack of detail. I was in such a rush to get this post out! The colors are aqua in metallic, a pearl or white for the info to be printed on, and now we can't decide on the ink. I do like the raised idea!

Maddie said...

I love love love that metallic paper! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I think the sliver- because it goes well with the aqua, because it matches your platinum bands...AND because it looks just like Tiffany's colors- with aqua and sliver....-:) Raised lettering is nice. think it adds quite a bit of cost.....but nice. Nancy (still can't get it to take my google account- hence the "anonymous" post....

Steph said...

Silver and aqua look very nice together!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Hmmm...I'm thinking that I like the silver better. The gold may stand out more, but it's not my favorite color combination. I don't know, though; I'm not the best at visualization...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! =)

{Cassandra} said...

All right. So, here's what the FH and I decided. (Yes, I asked his opinion too!)
We think when looking at both colors simultaneously that we like gold.
But, when we cover one up and look at it all together, we like silver.
I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more!
:)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Stopping by from SITS.

I vote for silver.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm partial to the gold. : )

Angela said...

silver matches better with the blue.

Just A Normal Mom said...

Like the silver an aqua together - better than the gold. Looks like it's going to be lovely!
***Ally
Stopping by from SITS

Mary K Brennan said...

The silver and blue look better together. Happy planning.

Millennium Housewife said...

Both! Write in silver decorate around with gold - solved! Next please...

Heather said...

I like the silver.

Visiting from SITS.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I like the gold! :)

Just stopped in from SITS!!

Designs by Jessie said...

i prefer the silver, it goes better with the blue.

Chocolate Lover said...

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Truly appreciated!

The Royal Family said...

I vote gold

Thanks for visiting me on my special sits day, I hope you had time to enter my giveaways that now end tomorrow! See you soon.
the Buzz, Brandy