Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Etsy Purchase

I must admit that before all the wedding planning and blogging I had no idea what Etsy was. After seeing it on blog after blog, I thought it was about time I found out. What a great site! There are so many things that I like and have added to my favorites. And just by browsing I've gotten several ideas for gifts.

Well the other day I made my first purchase! So exciting! This is what I bought...



A monogram stamp from Modern Art Stamps. Obviously we are getting it with our initials and wedding date, but what's got us excited about this simple stamp is that its in the font we are using to design our invitations and monogram. Coincidentally!

The stamp was cheap, mainly because it wasn't mounted. We figured we could do that. It will take 2-4 weeks for us to get it but I couldn't wait that long to post about it. More to come when its here. Next stop...inks!

13 fabulous blogger's comments:

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding said...

Just like you, I didn't know anything about Etsy before I started all the blogging thing and now I love it !!!
The monogram is so classy. Waiting to see the final work :-)

~lilian~

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Ditto here. Never heard of Etsy until I found it on the wedding blogs. Though I have not actually purchased anything on their site, I have in fact used many photos and such as the inspiration for many wedding related items. For example, my custom designed necklace and brooch were inspired by several similar styles I found on Etsy and took to my designer as examples for images. :) Congratulations on your purchase...I just love buying things online. It's like Christmas when all the boxes start to arrive in the mail!

Stacy Marie said...

Wedding blogs introduced me to Etsy, too!

Love the stamp, I am pumped to see how you're going to use it!

Morgan said...

Etsy is the best, isn't it? I never bought anything from the site until I started my wedding planning, but have already gotten semi-custom bridal jewelry and am waiting on my custom table numbers to arrive!

Katerina said...

The stamp looks great! I love Etsy - I've gotten so much inspiration from it already. I'm waiting to make purchases until the bigger details are figured out thought.

Mrs. K said...

how fun!!! I'm so glad you enjoy etsy...I could spend HOURS on there! :) And it's a nice place to get wedding ideas.

Lauren said...

I adore Etsy. I'm working on some stuff to put in my currently empty store there, lol. That's me, the slacker!

The stamp is beautiful! And how exciting that's it's perfect for you. That's awesome. :)

Sherri said...

What a neat idea! I just discovered Etsy myself. Where in the world have I been?

Lora said...

oooh, very cool! I'll have to keep that store in mind...

Twincerely,Olga said...

how neat! stoppin in from SITs! great blog

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Awesome find. Looks great.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Love Etsy :) Looks lovely!

My Trendy Tykes said...

ooooh girl, I love me some Etsy!!

I've seen those stamps too. I must get one someday.

Hope you don't get too addicted to etsy!