Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recaps of Everyday Life - Trip to Salmon Arm and Kelowna

Last week Mr. Milk had to drive the 5-6 hours to Salmon Arm from Vancouver so he could present at a meeting. Since he was going the day before, he asked me to go along with him and  keep him company on the long drive, promising to make the return drive fun by stopping at a couple of wineries. 

Beautiful snow covered mountains on our way there.

The next morning after Mr. Milk's presentation we stopped at a local cafe to grab breakfast and some sandwiches for lunch later. I couldn't resist taking a picture of their gorgeous baked goods display!



This is the gorgeous Lake Okanagan. You can see the mist over the lake. In the summer this place is buzzing with people.



As we are driving the weather just gets better and the sun peaks its head out 


Mr. Milk really wanted to go to this winery and was happy they were open. A lot of them are closed for the season.


The Burrowing Owl winery. They have a beautiful guest house on their premises that we might revisit when it opens mid-March!

10 fabulous blogger's comments:

JazzWhispers said...

That drive is so beautiful, I've never really toured BC during the winter, but I know it well during the summer! I'm jealous that you stopped at a winery, no one ever will with me when we're out in BC! And Saskatchewan isn't really known for wine... LOL.

Looks like a fun mini-trip!

Ashley said...

So pretty! Your making me want to travel to BC more and more

Heather said...

Wow! It looks beautiful!

Kim said...

How fun! It's so great that you were able to come with him on this mini-trip. And the winery looks beautiful!

Sarah said...

Looks so beautiful...and it looks like a really fun day trip!

Caro said...

I cant even imagine how gorgeous it must be in summer.

honey my heart said...

what beautiful locations!

Mrs T said...

So love road trips. Love that cute watermark on your shots too!

Katie said...

such great pictures!!

buhdoop said...

I love road trips with my fiance. Beautiful photos.