Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Trip To East Coast Canada

So as usual I am late with our trip recaps! It was nice to spend 10 days straight with Mr. Milk and Monday felt kinda lonely! Lame I know. Anyhoo, here are some pics from our trip. Since we are total foodies, most of our pics revolve around that! :) (click on pics to enlarge)

So this is milk in Ontario. It comes in plastic BAGS! I about lost it when I saw this! Never seen this before! Anywhere! Most people have one of those pitchers that you place the carton BAG of milk, snip the corner, and pour in your coffee, cereal, whatever. I think its more environmentally friendly so kudos to them! 

We went to this amazing chocolate store Soma Chocolatemaker in the beautiful Distillery District in Toronto. Well no need to say that this Chocolate Lover felt like she had died and gone to chocolate heaven! We got spicy hot chocolate, almond caramel clister, dark chocolate truffle with aged balsamic vinegar (doesn't sound so great but tastes de-lish!), an espresso truffle, and dark chocolate with caramel and fleur de sel! Yum-O!

The Montreal Biodome was a fun place and great experience for any animal lover like myself. Look at that little monkey in the middle there! So cute! And those in the bottom right corner are King Penguins (a la March of the Penguins). They are huge!

We went to the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal and it is ridiculously stunning! I think its one of the most beautiful churches I have seen!

So this is Mr. Milk and I being pigs! We couldn't just order those yummy chocolate drinks at Juliette & Chocolat. Oh no, not us! We had to order couldn't resist the semi-sweet chocolate fondue! I'm drooling just thinking about it!



So this was a wonderful boulangerie (bakery) a block away from our hotel called Premiere Moisson. I swear if I could have bought one of everything I would have! Their chocolate croissants were divine! Should have brought a bunch of those back here to freeze...

19 fabulous blogger's comments:

Alicia said...

Mmm!! It looks like you had a delicious trip!!! :)

JazzWhispers said...

Mmmm looks yummy! I have yet to get to the East coast, we've made it everywhere else in Canada pretty much though! Lol. This recap really makes me want to go soon!

I haven't seen milk bags is A REALLY LONG TIME! I remember seeing them when I was younger but not lately!

KMalandro2B said...

Ok now I'm hungry! Everything looks delicious!

Discovery Street said...

that church was gorgeous--and so was all the chocolate! :)

Caro said...

YAY I am happy your wnt to Juliet et chocolat, it's one of my favorite place :) Glad I told you about it.

Kim said...

Yum! So much chocolate! I'd be in heaven, too ;)

buhdoop said...

Those croissants....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....chocolate lover, you should have told us NOT to read this particular blog until AFTER we shopped (or ate) for the day! :)

I'm only hoping that you brought some of those chocolate/fleur de sel/caramels back home and that they are still around in May! Great pics!

GM said...

Mmm chocolate...

I've been to Montreal twice and it's so much fun there! I'd love to check out other cities in Canada at some point.

GM said...

Mmm chocolate...

I've been to Montreal twice and it's so much fun there! I'd love to check out other cities in Canada at some point.

Salt said...

For some reason I am craving mass amounts of chocolate all of a sudden.

It looks like a fun trip! I would LOVE to go see the Biodome! Penguins are my faves. :)

Katie said...

those pastries look delish!

Ashley said...

You just taught me something new about my city. I live literally 20 minutes away from Soma Chocolatemaker, and yet I have never been there.

Going to have to check it out!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I am seriously super jealous of those last few pictures! I am in love with that fondue and fruit! Yummy...what a fun trip. And so weird about the milk in bags. :)

PMerr said...

MMM! looks good! It took me a while to actually want to drink that milk. I finally did when we went up a couple weeks ago. It takes getting used to..seeing it in the fridge!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

It all looks gorgeous!

Mrs T said...

Ok, now I'm hungry! That milk in bags is crazy!

Chocolate Fountain Lover said...

Oh my - had to just look at those photos-especially the chocolate croissant ones. We ate things like that all the time when we were in France a few years ago. Yummy!

Giovanna said...

those baked goods are killing me! sounds like you had an awesome time!