Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blueberry Banana Muffins

I hadn't baked in a while and wanted to make use of my new muffin pan so decided to bake some blueberry banana muffins (since thats what I already had at home).

Here's what you need:

1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 ripe bananas mashed
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries

1 teaspoon all purpose flour to sprinkle on the blueberries. 

Before baking...

Preheat oven to 375o. 
Mix together the flours, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
In another bowl combine the mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla
Sprinkle the blueberries with the 1tsp of flour.
Beat butter and sugars together
Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
Add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, alternating between the two.
Once its all combined, stir in the blueberries.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and divide batter into them.
Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Transfer to cooling rack.

After baking  :)

They aren't too sweet and make a great quick breakfast or snack. Enjoy!

17 fabulous blogger's comments:

Kim said...

Umm, yes please!!! Wow, those look good . . . I may have to try them this weekend - your recipes are always delish.

love lives in the kitchen said...

wow! blueberry and banana is new to me, but it looks definitely great! thank you for sharing and have a sweet day!
justyna
ps. happy to see you again :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum! I will have to try this soon! Thank you.

Heather said...

They look and sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Ams said...

Mmmmmm those look SO good. I love love love blueberry muffins :) I might just have to try this!

Genevieve said...

Yum! They look great!

little luxury list said...

Yum - 2 of my favorite fruits in 1 dessert! I'll definitely try this out some day. My friend also has a blueberry lemon recipe that is TDF!

Oooh and dear, if you ever make it to Singapore or somewhere in SE Asia and Western Australia, we should do dinner! I was telling another blogger buddy that I'd love to take cooking classes in Thailand or Vietnam - some day!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Yummy! Sounds delicious!

Sara said...

Yummy!!! These sound GREAT

Sarah said...

Can I use frozen blueberries? I have those...perhaps if I let them thaw and drain the water? These are RIGHT up my alley. I have two rotting bananas on the counter that would mash up nicely!

My Dream Ring said...

Yummy!

buhdoop said...

Yummy, I bet Mr. Milk is one happy guy.

Mrs T said...

Ok, now I'm hungry!

Twincerely,Olga said...

stopping in from SiTS!!!!Looks so good!!!!Yummy!!hope you will stop by

Rachel said...

What a great combo of flavors. Sounds yummy!

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

YUMMM! Those look so delicious! Thank you for the birthday wish! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhhhh, those would be perfect with my java right now! Yum!