Monday, March 29, 2010

Looking For A House

So since things are happening so quickly with the move and Mr. Milk starts his new job only a week after we arrive, the task of looking for a place to live falls in my lap. Ideally we would like to rent a place for the first few months, find our footing, and then look for a place to buy. We have been renters for so long and sometimes feel like that was money wasted that could have been going towards a mortgage payment. Either way, the idea of having a place of our own excites me! So I've gone on this wild search looking into properties, decorations, bathrooms, and my most favorite, kitchens! The two rooms in the home that I really really care about and want to make beautiful are the bathroom and the kitchen!

The one thing I have always wanted in a kitchen is an island with the stove on it! Look at some of these beautiful kitchens I am dreaming about. 


I love those counter stools around the island! So comfy and friends and family can hang out while you cook and nibble (source)

This one is funky :)

Not sure about the red but love the feel of this kitchen

I love wood, stainless steal, and glass together (source)

I love to tease Mr. Milk that we will have separate bathrooms! I want my bathroom to be a little spa-like sanctuary! And frankly, if you are sharing with a boy it just can't be!



love this tub!

This one needs a little more decor but has lots of potential!

What are your favorite rooms in the house? Any dreams or plans for your kitchens and bathrooms?

17 fabulous blogger's comments:

Amanda said...

Can I come live with you? You have fantastic taste!! LOVE IT!

Patience said...

We were lucky that we built our house and we able to make every room how we wanted it to be. The only mishap was when the builder roughed in our house he cut the stairs too close to the kitchen so we lost our island. Love all of the pictures.. they are beautiful

Giovanna said...

those rooms are fabulous. they're very boutique hotel. i like the last kitchen the best.

Kim said...

Those kitchens are to die for! I want an island so bad! Our new place has stainless steel appliances with wood cabinets, but unfortunately no gorgeous glass. Can't wait to see where you end up living :)

Katie said...

All of those pictures are fab! I would take any of them!!

little luxury list said...

I love wood, glass and stainless steel too!

Sigh we won't buy for a while (Singapore is really expensive!) but I'll live vicariously through you!

Salt said...

Kitchens and bathrooms for sure!! I cannot wait until we move into a house and I can customize my own. We've just started looking at new places to live also!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love kitchens...with big islands, and tile floors. :) I think the kitchen is the heart of the home!

buhdoop said...

Have you thought about possibly staying with family when you first move back?

I love the bathroom as a sanctuary, and you are so right about guys and bathrooms :)

Discovery Street said...

this is the one thing i look forward to most after all the traveling...looking for a home. I'm actually a little jealous! :) You've got great taste!

Sarah said...

sean and i have our own bathrooms. only because he is really messy and the "main bathroom" would never be clean enough for visitors. i use the main one, he uses the master bath :)

Morgan said...

So exciting!!! And separate bathrooms are SO nice!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Amanda. Either that or I'm going to hire you to pick and design my next house (in my next life when I'm rich of course)! :0)

Mrs T said...

I just want to own a kitchen and bathroom! That would be enough for me right now. So sick of renting.

Love your choices!

Em said...

Josh and I have our own bathrooms! Well, for now we do. Our new place only has one so we'll be back to sharing (not looking forward to that). Separate bathrooms was probably one of the best decisions we've ever made as a couple.

Good luck with your house/apt search!!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Love it! Love it all! We just about finished up our master bathroom...just looking for the granite to put in the counter and it will be done! I'll have to post some pics later - but probably after the honeymoon with all that is going on right now :)

One day - I, too will have a kitchen with an island in it :)

Jenn said...

I love house hunting, there are so many exciting things going on for you right now, enjoy it!