Monday, March 1, 2010

Has A Commercial Ever Made YOU Teary?!

Tim Horton's is the Dunkin Donuts of Canada. Their coffee is so-so but they have donuts to die for! Recently they came up with a new TV commercial. Every single bloody time I watch this ad, I get teary! So I thought I'd share it with you gals and see what you think. 



So? Powerful ad or what?

p.s. Will have a recap of our Olympic weekend soon!

25 fabulous blogger's comments:

Em said...

Oh jesus god THANKS for that. Now I'm all weepy. That's a very beautiful commercial. You know the one that had me all teary yesterday? The one about the Olympic moms. Guh...I really had to pull myself together after that one. I've found that once I turned 20 (like 4 years ago) I started getting so much more emotional. No idea why...

miss fancy pants (the bride) said...

Funny you should mention that ad because I saw it for the first time yesterday and felt exactly the same way. Extreme Makeover Home Edition has the same effect, haha.
And Em, you're not along, I've noticed the same thing since I turned 18, it's really strange.

FRANNIE said...

There's an old Hallmark card commercial with a little old lady that goes to the mail box each day only to find it empty, her neighbor across the street watches her everyday and sees how sad she is. One day she sends her a card and when the old lady goes to the mailbox and finds the card...it makes me teary EVERY time!

buhdoop said...

oh my goodness, what a touching commercial. I love commercials like this, itm akes me want to fly to Canada just for some coffee and a donut :)

little luxury list said...

The expression on that woman's face was just beautiful. Lovely commercial!

Steve Tan said...

I'm usually more amused at how these companies tie moments like this to their products/culture. Here's another tear-jerking ad you should check out. Can you guess the company/product behind it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opOQlA0LVqo

GM said...

Aww, so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

What a sweet commercial! Thanks for sharing it!

JazzWhispers said...

Good ol' Tim Horton's, they provide tear jerkers EVERY YEAR! And every year they get me, each time I see them I get all teary eyed. I really like this one, a lot.

Last year they had one where a father was taking his daughter to hockey when the father's Dad showed up with coffee and said "she's better than you were" (or something) kiddingly and then the father goes "you never watched me" and then his Dad goes "I never missed a game" and pulls out a picture of the guy playing. SUPER CUTE. Damn you Tim Hortons, damn you. (just kidding, as is stated all the time around here GIMME MY TIMMY'S AND NO ONE GETS HURT. ;) )

Caro said...

Oh yeah the Ronald McDonald House commercial made me cry so much when the man walk into the house and the lady hugs him for no reason.

(soon to be) Mrs. G said...

I can't handle commercials like that! And of coarse you watch them multiple times, just to torture yourself! Sooo sweeet

Dancy said...

That was a sweet commercial. I'm not usually a crier but the Olympic ones for P&G - the Mom commercials - get me everytime. And of course the Sara McLachlan ASPCA spot.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a sweet commercial, thanks for sharing it!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a sweet commercial, thanks for sharing it!!

Spare Thoughts said...

Gulp, well now I'm teary.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Crying over coffee??? Come on! So sweet though, welcome to Canada indeed! Congrats on your big win last night too...though I was hoping for a different outcome. I'll be a good sport...I guess you guys did invent the game an all. :)

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Yeah, you got me a little teary eyed...but I think just because I was already anticipating it from your post. Really sweet commercial though...love it!

Princess Christy said...

It's not the coffee that made me cry - it's the coats and the first snowfall!

Mrs T said...

It gave me goose bumps. So lovely.

Sarah said...

OOOO, gives me chills. I love it, so moving. Thanks for sharing!

Ms. Chouette said...

This hits home to me in ways you will never understand! WOW. I need to share this with my family.
I was that little girl running when I came to the US and my dad was waiting for me. Also the emotions are those I feel everytime i land at the airport and my fiance is waiting for me. Always tears. Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

Stopping over from SITS! I cry at almost anything even commercials too!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

It gets me. Every single time (while the BF laughs in the background).

Aubrey said...

Yep, I'm all teary now. Thanks!

Aubrey said...

Yep, I'm all teary now. Thanks!