Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One Step Closer

I am excited to be writing this post! As some of you already know Mr. Milk and I have recently been working on our invitations. We've been looking at colors, fonts, wording, paper, envelopes, monograms, ribbons, you name it we've looked into it! You can read about what Mr. Milk was up to a few weeks ago

So without further ado, here it is:



Hahahahaha. Just kidding! Mr. Milk found this while browsing for invitation wording and we thought it was HILARIOUS! Not sure where he found it so no source (let me know if you know).

So back to being serious. We have debated over what items to purchase. Mr. Milk has some good connections in the printing business due to his work, and we are fortunate to be able to use these connections for our invitations. We have decided that we want pocket-fold invitations. We can get the paper for the invitation, inserts, and mats from the printer, so all we needed was the pocket-folds and envelopes.

So over the weekend we made the purchase. I found a wonderful site called Cards and Pockets a while back and bookmarked them in my favorites! I encourage you to check them out as they are also offering 25% off their entire site until November 15th! I even ordered a sample set with the colors I wanted for only $10 with free shipping. I highly recommend doing this. We were able to play around with these and get an idea of the inserts we wanted, the sizes and so on. 



I ordered them in pearl metallic cause I just love the metallic papers. Our invitation mats will be a tiffany blue. Neither of us was keen on the European Envelope, so even though the other style only comes in cream and white, we opted for those. I can't wait to get them! I know its only the outside but it means we are closer to making them happen! Stay tuned for more to come on the invitations!

How are you invites/stationary coming along?

18 fabulous blogger's comments:

Katerina said...

That invitation is hilarious ... sadly reminds me of my future mother-in-law :)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

And to make it even better...you're the winner of the Stamp Yourself Happy Giveaway. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I love the invitation, who wouldn't come to that!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Ok, 1st: Dying laughing at that invite! So sharing that on my own blog and directing them over here :)

2nd: congrats on winning the stamp giveaway!

3rd: I was totally going to tell you Cards and Pockets! That's where I got my stuff for my STD's and if I was DIY'ing the invites, I would have used them for the pocketfolds. Love that you found them...very affordable and great selections. :)

Can't wait to see it come along.

Katie said...

hahaha glad he has a sense of humor!

Miss Pug said...

LOL! I love that invite!!! And yours look like they'll be amazing, too!

Kim said...

Your invites are going to look great! I love Cards and Pockets, and also Paper Presentation for affordable envelopes! Can't wait to see the final result.

Laura Lewis said...

Got my pocketfolds from them and I was so happy happy with their products... I did the fuchsia metallic!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Ha ha, good invite!

We are having pocketfold invites too. So far I have ordered them all and cut all the paper but still need to print them and out them together! Lots of work to do!

Becs said...

OMG that invitation was so funny! I love your real invitations! They are so pretty!

Blogger2r said...

Hahahaha that invitation was great. LOVE your blog :)

Mrs T said...

Bah ha ha.


Those invites look great. Love pocket folds.

Our save the dates we got printed and they were great. But we decided to print our own invites to save money. And now here we are 52 days before the wedding with lots of lovely card and envelopes that still need to be printed. Ahhhhhhh

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding said...

That is HILARIOUS !!!

Love the pocket invitations...great choice.

~lilian~

Melissa B. said...

Funny! At least you've got a light-hearted attitude. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

SFO Jungle Kitty

Mindi @ B.A. Bookworm said...

Ha, I just happened on your blog from SITS and I thought that invite was serious! I was feeling bad for you. Glad to know it was just a joke!
Congratulations on getting one step closer to the big day.

Westside Wedding said...

That invitation is so funny!! I love metallic paper too. Love your blog, I left you something on my blog :-)

Nicole-Lynn said...

I've seen that funny invite before.. it's really cute!
Thanks for the cards & pocket site recommendation!

kanishk said...

..you're the winner of the Stamp Yourself Happy Giveaway. Congrats! Work from home India