Friday, November 20, 2009

Fridays with Mr. Milk - To Trust Or Not To Trust


If you are wondering what the answer to that question is then you are likely not engaged to be married. To the avid readers of Chocolate Lover's blog, my chosen topic will already make sense. For everyone else, please scroll down to the blog about the dress. Oh please do, because I can't!

See, Chocolate Lover has put her trust in me by inserting a one sentence warning alerting me to keep my eyes off the wedding dress post and to NOT open any of the links. The irony is that when she told me to look at it for the first time in her presence, cautiously of course :), she found me reading the second line out loud, to which she exclaimed "Hey! What are you doing?! Did you not read the first line!!??"

Well. No! I didn't! You see I have the habit of skimming through a document, so I never really read word for word. Instead I focus on things that catch my attention, such as a fancy word I've never seen before. Like Provonia? Is that even right?

Well Ms. Chocolate Lover, if your trust in me is so profound that you would put that kind of sensitive information on your blog with the simple directions for me to keep my eyes off, then allow me to repay you by saying that even if I do accidentally (and I mean that) run into a fancy word alluding to the brand of a dress, you know better than anyone out there that in a week I'll forget it anyway!

Until next Friday this is Mr. Milk signing off.

9 fabulous blogger's comments:

Ams said...

Oh sweet man... now THAT is true love :)

Kim said...

I love it! "Pronovia" had me laughing out loud! I am the same way - a total "skimmer" for the important information. I can't help it, I was trained to do that!

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa Mr. Milk....I am married-- and I asked Chocolate Lover this EXACT question BEFORE I saw your posting!

That said, while I agree that you will likely forget it in a week...I ALSO know you are quite the smart one...and have the wherewithal go back to the blog to check it out if you so desire....careful, careful! -:)

Anonymous said...

Some risky blogging behavior by Mr Milk.

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

So funny...first, even if my Mr. Fix It was a blog reader (which he is so totally not), I would never give him the deets on my blog address. Reason why? I do in fact trust him and my gown is hanging in my closet as we speak for many months before the wedding. I have told him to stay out of my closet and he has insisted he will not peek.

However, this week, he happened to pass the dress salon where I bought the gown (which is very close to his home) and thought it would be fun to pull a fast one on me. He called asking me over and over again to please not 'be mad at him'. When I persisted in responding "What did you do?!" He finally blurted that he stopped by the salon and asked them to show him the order for our wedding party. Now I know no salon would ever be that stupid...but he just thought it was so funny to (try to) make me think that he had checked it out.

Mr. Milk, be good - for I warn you, if you do look at the dress, you run the risk of blowing your budget when Miss Choco Lover decides she just *has* to have a new one that you've never seen! :)

Katie said...

hahahahaha!

I Wonder Wye said...

Oh, a gotcha! That is a sweet post. And being a man? He won't remember a thing......when he sees you walk toward him in 'the' dress he won't have anything in his mind but how beautiful you are. I posted my vote on the dress vote.

Ams said...

LEft you a little something on my blog :)

Mariposa said...

that's so cute! My fiance wouldn't look either! Good job~