Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Awesome Videographer

We have been talking about a videographer for our wedding these last couple of weeks. Initially neither I nor Mr. Milk thought it was necessary to have one. But after much thought and input from others (including all of you) we are going for it. We are going to try and find something cheap just so we can get the raw footage. Mr. Milk feels like he can put something nice together himself if he has that.


source

I came across a videographer by the name of Ray Roman over at BloggerBrides. He filmed the wedding of the editor of Get Married Magazine. Check out these awesome videos!



They look so in love and such a fun couple!



Wonder if Mr. Milk can pull something like this off with the right footage!

Are you having a videographer to document your big day?

13 fabulous blogger's comments:

Kristy said...

looks amazing! I was all but ready to forget about a videographer until i went to a dear friend of mine's wedding about a week ago. At the end of the night, completely unplanned, all of us formed a circle around the bride and groom to dance around them for the last song. I know I can't describe what it looked like or how amazing it felt that we all literally came together to surround the two of them with love and joy, and my one thought was - thank god they had someone video taping it because that moment is something they will cherish forever. I know they will watch it years from now and remember what a magical night and the overflowing of love that was there for them. I dont mean that i think they would forget if it wasnt filmed, but it seems like a day filled with so many magical moments it would be a shame to forget any of them and having an objective documentation of it i'm sure helps to bring all of those moments back.

Katerina said...

I'm so glad you are having a videographer! My parents have a 3 minute unedited video of their ceremony. (They married in the USSR 23 years ago, so videography options were limited.) But even seeing that 3-minute clip was so special to me, so I know that I want to have a video to show my kids. We don't have room for it in the budget right now, but hoping that we can somehow make it work.

Westside Wedding said...

Glad to hear you are doing a video! We are also going to have someone do the raw footage & then put the video together ourselves. From what I hear video it the thing that always gets cut from the budget but that everyone regrets not having.

Brittney said...

These are absolutely AMAZING!

I never really thought that having a videographer at my wedding was that important. I am a photographer by hobby and MUCH prefer still images of events than video. HOWEVER, my brother has his degree in multimedia design and really enjoys doing video work, so we asked him if he'd do a video for us as a wedding gift, and he accepted. =) It works out well for us (free video!) and he has something to put on his resume!

(P.S. Also doing this for my cousin, who has a degree in hospitality and really wants to go into party planning... she's going to my D.O.C. I think!)

Simply Colette said...

LOVE the name Mr. Milk! Was looking at your engagement pictures post. They turned out awesome!!! Thanks for pancake comment. Made me smile!

Mrs T said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog! I am totally with you on the video idea. At first Mr B & I weren't going to do it, but now as the big day is fast approaching I think it would be great to have something to watch back later. I feel like the day is going to fly by. I would also like to film all the speeches so I can listen to them again afterwards.

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

You already know how I feel about it and I think you are so smart to do this! You won't regret it and as you (and I) said, it is so easy to take raw footage and make something on your own these days :) Can't wait to see the finished result in the future after your big day and personal editing :)

Melissa said...

Amazing! It is such a great way to help preserve all the beautiful memories of your wedding day =)

come stop by my blog to enter my Blair Waldorf (gossip girl) inspired giveaway in celebration of my 100th post if you're interested =)

xoxo

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

The Raw footage idea is a great idea and one that I myself wish I had done...but instead cut out the video all together---MISTAKE!

Thanks for passing by my Sugar On Top blog, feel free to let me know if you need any ideas or advice. i do a lot of party planning.

www.complicatedmama.com

Mrs T said...

I couldn't watch the videos when I stopped by the other day because my computer was on strike -

OH MY GOD - these are the most freakin amazing wedding videos EVER. That guy must cost Mega $$$$.

That first one reminds me of the way the Hills is edited and the way they lay music over everything. So professional and polished.

Oh now I want this guy to shoot my wedding.

The818 said...

I'm still kicking myself for not blogging when I was planning my wedding. But that doesn't stop me from obsessively re-living it ad nauseum.

We used Super8 Film that our guests shot to capture our wedding - you can check it out here.

Unknown said...

Stopping over from SITS. I am getting married December 12th and I really wanted a videographer for my wedding. Unfortunately, the money ran out. But, what the bride wants, well...she'll find a way to get:) It will not be professional, but one of my dad's coworkers said that he would tape our rehersal and our wedding if we would in return tape his daughter's next year. We were super lucky! I know it won't be professionally done, but hey, it will be free and we'll have our special day on film :) Good luck with your planning! It gets really hectic towards the end, so as crazy as it sounds, start doing as much of it as you can now! Have a good day!

Discovery Street said...

I really want a videographer, but it wont fit in the budget. I'm thinking about calling local collages to see if someone needs to "build their portfolio"