Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday's with Mr. Milk - Weather Permitting


Being the kind of person that never takes anything for granted, and coupled with my "plan B" approach, I feel that I need to discuss a very important ingredient to a successful wedding. Weather.You may be wondering why that's a concern. Beautiful island, 320 days of sunshine per year, nicely warm in September but not uncomfortably warm.... So why am I worried?

Global warming.

I do NOT intent to jinx my own wedding, but I do want to discuss plan B. This year September was not that great and you never know with the recent climate changes what's in store for 2010. At the moment we are planning to hold our dinner reception outside in the Olive Courtyard. A beautiful setting of marble stone flooring with rows of olive trees overlooking the Mediterranean sea. For us to be able to hold our dinner there we need to secure a minimum of 40 rooms, the ones that surround the courtyard, so that we can keep the music playing until late. Contrary to our parent's opinion, Chocolate Lover and I expect that we'll have that number of guests actually staying at the hotel. After all, most of our friends'  remarks upon hearing the low rate we secured were "there's no chance in hell we are missing out on an opportunity to spend the night at Aphrodite Hills!".

But back to the weather thing... Simply put, if mother nature does not cooperate we can move indoors in the adjacent banquet room. I'm guessing we can make that call a couple of days ahead of time based on the weather forecast (yeah good luck with that!) but at least it's an option. Thankfully the hotel's kitchen staff will all be engaged with our wedding so they can't book a second venue for the night, hence the availability of the banquet room.

To all of you reading. Close your eyes. Think of a beautiful outdoorsy setting overlooking the Mediterranean. Repeat after me: "Sunshine. Clear Skies. Sunshine. Clear Skies."

Thank you for the good vibes.

Until next Friday, this is Mr. Milk signing off.

18 fabulous blogger's comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't jinx it is right!

Jocelyn said...

That sounds like an amazing wedding! Wow! I can't wait to see pics of that! It will be beautiful!!!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Yup, I hear ya...same thing with my date and venue...should be no rain but you just never know...so I am sending out good vibes for both of us :)

Miss K said...

Love your blog and I left you a special gift over at my blog, hope you check it out! :)

Katie said...

At least you have options! But let's hope for sunshine!!

Vivienne said...

Popping in from SITS and sending some really good vibes for your surely great wedding weather!! :D
Happy SITS sharefest ;)

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Sunshine. Clear Skies. :)

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Mrs T said...

Sending out positive wedding weather vibes - although you know clouds make the best light for photos!

thatgirlblogs said...

it won't matter -- it's a marriage, not a wedding.

Dreamgirl said...

Wishing you sunshine and clear skies!

Happy Saturday Sharefest

Tana said...

Hopping over from SITS to follow you on your journey! I'm having fun already. Pas the chocolate please.

Encore Bride said...

You both will have a wonderful and memorable day rain or shine, of course we're asking for shine though! Happy SITS day!

Unknown said...

Sunshine. Clear Skies.......

alas I have a overcast cold day!

visiting from SITS!

Amber Page Writes said...

It will be beautiful. It wouldn't dare to be anything less.

Unknown said...

Thinking beautiful sunshine only! I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.

Mireya said...

It's good you have a backup plan! Definitely will be thinking good thoughts for your day!

Melissa said...

i'm sending positive vibes to the weather gods as we speak ;) I'm sure your special day will be perfect!!

kanishk said...

That sounds like an amazing wedding! Wow! I can't wait to see pics of that! It will be beautiful!!! Work from home India