Friday, January 8, 2010

Pictures from Cyprus

Since things were so hectic around here, I was unable to post on my blog as much as I would have liked. I promised I would post some pictures of Cyprus before my return so I think its about time to deliver! I didn't go to as many places as I wanted to, so most of these pics are from a small trip we took with my future in-laws, who gifted us a stay at a beautiful smal hotel and spa with natural sulpher springs.


The weather here was GORGEOUS! 70+F during the day with mostly mild nights.






Beautiful




Those rocks are the birth place of Aphrodite, goddess of love. Our venue is on the hill overlooking this point.




The small resort we stayed at. They've done a great job of incorporating traditional Cypriot style with a modern twist.










Us with Mr. Milk's parents

 
View from the top, looking North West






Mountain goats. In the first picture you can make out a few more (white specs)


Mr. Milk pondering life's dilemmas


What you see on the hill is a Turkish army camp. One of the very few on the west side of the island.


112 year old tree! Protected by UNESCO.


Mr. Milk taking a drink from a natural spring water fountain




An old church. If you notice, the dome is a crooked.


A wild mushroom FFIL found



This sweet man owns the coffe shop we stopped to have a drink at. He told us the directions to get to the little church but then decided that he would take us himself. He told us some awesome stories of the area and his life.




The view from the fish tavern we stopped to have lunch at

And last but not least....




My babies! Babe and Ruffles :)

20 fabulous blogger's comments:

Heather said...

How beautiful! Those pictures make me wish I was there. I’ve never been before, but it’s on my list of places to visit.

A Los Angeles Love said...

Oh dear. My travel list is far too long ALREADY, and now you've gone and added these incredible photos. I want to go to there. Now.

Kim said...

Absolutely breathtaking! How did you possibly bring yourself to come back? Haha. Your wedding is going to be gorgeous!

Em said...

Such beautiful pictures! Your wedding is going to be so ridiculously stunning. I think I'm officially jealous. One of my BMs is Greek...maybe I can convince her that she should get married in Greece, too!

GM said...

So pretty!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous, it looks like paradise.

-kjpugs

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing! I love the goats and the amazing, amazing water views.

Brandi said...

Cyprus looks absolutely gorgeous! It's been on my list of places to visit since I made friends with a girl from college who said I could visit her and her family there whenever I wanted. I sadly still haven't gone.

Sarah said...

AWESOME! I just told Sean, "let's do what this couple is doing. They are getting married in Cyprus overlooking the birthplace of the goddess of love". Yeah....we don't even have a date set yet :)
I love it! So glad you were able to enjoy yourselves and SO happy that you have such a great location for your big day!

Katie said...

Absolutely amazing!!!!

little luxury list said...

Wow. Totally amazing and love the photos - serene, beautiful, and of course romantic.

Cyprus - now THAT is a destination wedding!

Have a great weekend dear!

Stacy Marie said...

Looks like I need to go to Cyprus, it's gorgeous!

Your puppies are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing. Now I want even more to go there. Can you move your wedding up sooner? (Oh yeah, I just STARTED work....:-(

Can't wait to go there and meet the puppies! :-)

Thanks Choc Lover! Safe travels back!

Salt said...

I just ooh'ed and aah'ed all the way through these photos. I'm so glad you posted them. What a beautiful place! (I LOVE GOATS!) And that's such an awesome gift as well. We used to have natural sulfur springs near to where I lived in CA and I miss being able to go visit them whenever I want.

Now I really need a vacation. :)

Anonymous said...

These pics are beautiful! The ones of the coast remind me of the coast of Melbourne in Australia. Looks like you guys had a great trip!

Em

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Love them all...you look so great...what gorgeous country! But the sunset shots are my favorites :)

Mrs T said...

These photos are great. Thanks for sharing. That old man looks adorable.

And how cute are your furry babies. LOVE them.

Mariposa said...

WOW those photos are breathtaking! I would love to visit there! :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very pretty pictures! Your wedding will be amazing :)

honey my heart said...

cyprus is now added on my travel list. it is so beautiful!!