Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Have A Bridal Party!!! Part 2

So yesterday I posted about how I asked my ladies to be in my bridal party and today it is time to show you what I put in those little silver tins and who I asked!



My little sis! She is currently in the UK doing her Masters in Civil Engineering. This pic was taken in Vancouver a few years back when she came to visit. What you can't see in this pic is a box of small cupcakes that I let fall to the ground, upside down, squishing the frosting! For some reason we thought this was hilarious. I gave the little box to her xmas morning as a separate gift and she and my mom put the pieces together.




My cousin and god-sister! She was super excited about our wedding and so wanted to be in the bridal party. While it is not the most flattering picture of me (to say the least) it was the only one I had. I also gave the box to her xmas day as they came over to have lunch with us. Even though she had been saying that she was going to be in the bridal party, she became quite ecstatic when I officially asked.



My dear friend and roommate of four years. She and I went to school together and were college roommates. I think we had a blast! I really could not have asked for a better person to live with. She is one of my few married friends and has two beautiful little girls. I gave her the magnet puzzle while visiting at her house one evening. She loved it!




And last but by no means least, my maid of honor (koumera in Greek). The last two ladies are sisters, and she and I have become very close over the past 7-8 years. I gave her little box the same night I gave her sister's and she was even happier to find out they had both accepted to be in the bridal party. Apparently she was expecting to be asked :)

The icing on the cake was that my ladies liked the dress I have picked out. We talked about colors and now I await their measurements to go order them! Can't wait!

14 fabulous blogger's comments:

buhdoop said...

Your bridesmaids are all so pretty! You are going to have one beautiful wedding party lady.

Heather said...

Great picture choices, and I’m glad to hear they liked the dress! How exciting! I was so happy when all of my girls liked the dress I picked, too.

Kim said...

Agreed, your bridal party is beautiful! How fun!

Salt said...

I swear that is just the cutest idea! You are so creative and your bridal party is lovely! :) Congrats! And isn't it such a huge load off your mind to get the bridesmaid attire picked out?

Katie said...

great pictures and so neat to meet all of your girls!

Discovery Street said...

how fun! I wish I was a little more creative in asking my bridesmaids...I just made a phone call!

Mrs T said...

They liked the dresses = excellent!

Twincerely,Olga said...

hi! stopping by fromSITS!!! Hope evrything is ok with your sis!! Hugs!! Beautiful pics. too

Anonymous said...

Yay, exciting and congrats!!

Stopping in from SITS!

kBw said...

Cute bridal party!!! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

Stopping by from SITS!

I hope you have a Happy Wednesday!
xo,
KA

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

What a beautiful bridal party you have there. As long as your man keeps up his end of the bargain your pics will be amazing. ;) Congrats on the upcoming wedding...soooo exciting!!!

Popping by from SITS. Be back soon!

Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

great post...what a pretty bridal party.

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Oh I love that you shared about the girls and showed the pictures! I might have to do that soon, too...great inspiration. So glad they loved the little puzzle...so fun. And it is so nice to get to 'meet' them and why you included them. You will have the best time with your lovely ladies.

Random WAHM Thoughts said...

great to know they liked the dress you picked! i'm sure you'll all look gorgeous in it!

Popped in here from SITS!

Blogversary contest ongoing! More than $500 of cash & prizes at stake! http://bit.ly/blogversary