Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Ladies Dresses

If you've been following for a while, you may have noticed that I like color. Ok, I love color! One of the things I wanted was to have a colorful wedding. It would bug me when people would say things like "you need to pick one main color" or "these colors are too close together" or "you can't have that many colors." Well pooh pooh to you! (mature, I know).

Anyway, I decided I was going to stop discussing such issues with said people and instead just do what I want. After all, if my wedding ends up looking like a circus I'll have no one to blame but myself! Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to look like the rainbow threw up all over our wedding, but I do want to use things like the flowers, the ladies dresses, the guys ties, the favor packaging etc, to add color to an otherwise white and natural backdrop.

So here are the swatches from the bridesmaids dresses and the colors that I will be incorporating into the wedding 


And here are the ladies dresses by Mori Lee (in the order that they will be standing). The colors are much darker in the images than the chiffon is in real life:


(click on the pic to enlarge)

My maid of honor will wear the raspberry colored dress, her sister and my first bridesmaid will wear the tiffany blue dress, my cousin the turquoise dress, and my lil' sister a tiffany blue dress as well. I picture the bridal party holding pretty bouquets of all white flowers to contrast the dresses and my bouquet being a piece of multicolored gorgeousness!

The invitations will include the tiffany blue against some neutral colors as will the favor packing, the groomsmen's ties will reflect the ladies dresses, and the flowers in the centerpieces will be colorful (more to come on these all soon).

So what do you gals think? Do you think I've lost my mind?

28 fabulous blogger's comments:

Salt said...

Ooooo I love those dresses! I think the colors are pretty. :) I can definitely appreciate when a bride doesn't feel that she has to fit in that one color mode!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors!

Jocelyn said...

I love those two colors together and the dress is awesome!!!! Great job!

Patience said...

LOVE them! What a great color combo.

Kim said...

Nope, not at all! I love the non-matchy BM look, and I think the colors you have chosen compliment one another very nicely.

GM said...

I love color too, and I think these dresses look great together!

Ali said...

Love the colors! What a great idea to have different colors but still the same scheme!

Ams said...

I LOVE them... they are beautiful and totally a dress that you can wear again and again! Gorgeous choice!

Giovanna said...

no, you have NOT lost your mind. people have such weird ideas about color. these dresses are fabulous!! i love them. and those colors work so well together. it's going to be beautiful.

Heather said...

I think it will look beautiful, and I love the dress style, too!

Sarah said...

Our save the date cards and invites are green, blue, white, and brown. I like color too although I tend to stay with the "Ocean" color theme...regardless of what it is. I have already decided that the nursery will be green, blue, and brown. Boy or girl, I don't care.

little luxury list said...

Yay for the dresses - they're just colorful and fun! It's appropriate that the MOH dress is a different color and the pink and blue go together nicely.

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

They look so great together!!! Great choices!

-kjpugs

Katie said...

I say poo on the people who told you too much color! those colors are beautiful and will look amazing together and will make your photographs gorgeous! Great taste!! :)

Shannon said...

I really like the dresses and the colors compliment each other very well!

Mrs T said...

No mind losing - I love it. Whatever makes you happy!!

Sarah said...

I love the colors...they look great! we're doing a raspberry color too, but ours is a little bit darker, so we're incorporating a light, light pink. And, I love chiffon (that's what my girls dresses are made of too, it's so beautiful!)

Lyryn said...

Great colors! That dresses are beautiful!

Genevieve said...

I love color too! I think it will look great. I love lots of different "shades" of similar colors. I can't wait to see your centerpiece colors.

Anonymous said...

I love the dresses! I think they all look great together! It should go nicely and bring some great photos!

Lora said...

your day = your decision :) They are fantastic colors too!

visiting you from SITS...have a wonderful day!

extreme personal measures said...

You have not lost your mind. You are fabulous!
Stopping by from SITS! Please stop by!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

Simply Colette said...

Love it! Those are the exact colors of Christmas ornaments I made last year. No longer on Etsy. How exciting for you!

honey my heart said...

i love it. the colors go together quite well and are so lively :)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

I think they look great. Reminds me of sherbet colours....great for a warm weather wedding in Cyprus!!

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

I think the dresses look fabulous! I love tea length dresses for bridesmaids, but unfortunately my sister got a large tattoo on her lower leg in her younger days and has since developed tattoo remorse and has vetoed the idea of tea length dresses at my wedding!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Your colors are fabulous together...and though not super close to mine, they are in the same basic shades and color scheme :) As a matter of fact, your swatches look almost exactly like mine! And just like you, my girls' dresses look a lot darker in the sample pics than in real life. You know I love turquoise since it's my main color with accents of deep cranberry red :) I think it's gorgeous and you are on track to bring all the colors together throughout the different elements of your wedding.

Oh, and I love the idea of white flowers against the girls' dresses!

Christina Loves Jon said...

I love those dresses! And the colors are gorgeous!!