Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Honeymoon Recaps - My 30th Birthday

One of the other reasons we decided to splurge on our honeymoon with a trip to the Maldives was that it was a double celebration. While on our trip, I would be turning 30. Some very good friends of us have a "tradition" of doing something big on big birthdays, and we really liked this idea and decided to steal it :). For Mr. Milk's 30th we took a week long trip to Kauai, and it was one of the best vacations we had. 

So my day started off with a surprise from my hubby: he had arranged for a private breakfast on our patio. 

While we were still sleeping, the lovely hotel staff started to set up our breakfast table outside

By the time we got up and ready, our food was out there waiting for us. We had fruit, waffles, pancakes, omelets, hashbrowns, toast, croissants and other pastries, juice, and coffee. It was delicious!

Mr. Milk had asked the staff at the hotel for some flowers, and since there is no store on the island, they arranged to have a bouquet brought over from Male (the capital) the evening before. 

We spent the day by the beach and then after lunch we went for a couples treatment at the spa. We had our own over-water bungalow treatment room and both got scrubs and massages. It was so relaxing. Unfortunately we didn't take a camera so I have no pics of that :(

For dinner we went to the teppanyaki restaurant that was also over the water.

We ordered sushi to start off with...

...and then some veggies, rice, shrimp, and lobster! Our chef was great and the food was amazing!


I love how vivid these pics are! 

And of course no birthday is complete without birthday cake! Mr. Milk was able to arrange to have a small chocolate cake made just for me. As you can see, I turned 2 ;)

Again, we were having such a great time with the food that we forgot to get a picture of ourselves that day! Oh well... 

17 fabulous blogger's comments:

Kim said...

Happy belated birthday, lady! Looks amazing :) I'm turning 30 in April . . maybe I should steal your and your friends' tradition of going big!

Heather said...

How awesome that you were able to celebrate your birthday while on your honeymoon! The food all looks completely delicious!

Discovery Street said...

awww...happy birthday...looks like you celebrated in style!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Awww sounded so great! The pictures are wonderful. Glad you had a nice birthday on your honeymoon!

Shannon said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! My 30th was 10 days before my wedding so we didn't do much on the actual day but I like to think the wedding/honeymoon were also birthday celebrations for me. haha.

Aubrey S. said...

I'm turning 30 next year, and I want to go to the Maldives =)

honey my heart said...

what a yummy birthday!!

little luxury list said...

Mr. Milk did well! How sweet of him to arrange a great gastronimic day!

GM said...

Happy Belated!! It sounds like it was the perfect birthday :)

Dancy said...

Happy belated!! Looks like you couldn't have asked for a more perfect birthday. It looks like something out of a daydream. :)

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

That is just the sweetest, coolest thing ever that Mr Milk did for your birthday :) I LOVE teppanyaki restaurants and we almost always go to one with my family to celebrate my birthdays :) My 38th b-day was just about 3 weeks ago and we are going to be celebrating it a little late with a trip to Vegas some time in the next month. Hope we have as fun as you two did.

Luna said...

happy birthday. glad you guys had a great time and on your honeymoon was a nice idea. how sweet of your hubby to have breakfast and flowers arranged for you. that cake is adorable to. happy 2nd birthday, lol. :)

Kristy said...

these photos are amazing! especially the food pics:) happy birthday lady - it looks like it was heavenly!

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

Looks like you had an amazing birthday. That breakfast looked so delish!

Together We Save said...

Looks wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Love! Love! Love!
The Fruit plate looks absolutely fabulous and the Sushi, I am craving.
Wish you the best of times together in bliss sailing above whatever challenges on eagles' wings.
God bless.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw how sweet he got flowers for you and helped make your birthday feel so special! Love that!