Monday, November 1, 2010

Bacheloretter Party Recap!

I had an awesome time at my bachelorette party! It was so much more than I could have asked for and the ladies did an amazing job planning it all! There were a few bumps along the way, but nothing that got in the way of us having a blast!

As you may recall, we rented a villa at the same resort as we are getting married, so all the girls could be together and just hang out. Here's what our villa looked like...



Our pool. But we ended up not being able to use it cause it wasn't clean when we got there. We complained and they told us someone would come the next day. When they did, they dumped so many chemicals that we couldn't use the pool. Ironically, the pool water never cleaned up. We called the resort office and complained and they gave us a day pass to all the hotel facilities. We ended up using the hotel pool for the entire second day. 

The vila from the back. It was a really nice 3 bedroom place


We were right on the golf course :)

Friday night we basically decided to stay in. Most of the girls were working and so we arrived at different times. We all brought stuff from home and had dinner at the villa. 

We lit lanterns around the pool

And the girls brought me a cake decked with mini men's parts and sparklers :)

Here's me and my maid of honor


With my gifts. Lots of men's parts items: playing cards, straws, "jack in the box", and a bunch of sexy undies to go with it all

We drank, ate, laughed, drank some more, and decided that the next day would be a lazy day spent by the pool. 

Who could really complain about our own pool being dirty when this was our alternative! 

Lounging around in the sun, reading, chatting, and sipping cocktails! Aaa this is the life!

In the evening we had dinner reservations at an italian restaurant and we were supposed to be there at 8.30. We had fun getting ready all together. Reminded me of being in high school. 

With my maid of honor and sister

Having a cocktail before we go out to dinner, or so I thought. I was a delay tactic on the girls part for what was to come...



My sister and cousin (both in the bridal party)

Again, clueless me thinking that they just want to take pics. What they were actually delaying for was...

The stripper!! They had sat me down just before he knocked on the door and started feeding me some very touching BS about how much they loved me, and that they went to some acquaintance of theirs and got a cd made of music he wrote for me and blah blah blah. At some point there was a knock on the door and I got o open, only to find a guy standing there with a police hat, sunglasses (it was 8.30 at night mind you), and t-shirt that said police on it. Not a very convincing police outfit so I was on to them right away! He said something about a noise complaint and then the music started (yes the cd that they had music written for me was actually the strippers music). Male strippers are hard to come by in Cyprus (unlike female ones) and so I thought the chances of having one were very very slim. It was a blast. He danced with all the girls and then sat down and had a drink with us at the end. 

We finally made it to dinner (the girls had called and changed the reservation without my knowledge)

And then we went clubbing! As you might notice I am wearing a different dress in this pic. Thats because my colorful one in the other pics somehow managed to get a huge rip all the way down the back seam! Luckily there was something else to change into and we went back to the house after dinner!

The next day (Sunday) was a spa day. Most of us didn't sleep before 4am and we had to get up at 10am for check out. But the spa has a lovely pool so we went there early and used their facilities. Unfortunately there aren't many pics of the spa as none of us were carrying our cameras with us in our robes. 

Me outside the spa

The spa pool

Some of us in the pool

Last picture of the weekend. We placed my camera on a little ledge across the entrance of the spa and set it to automatically take 3 pics. As we are waiting there, posing for the pic, my maid of honor blurts out "imagine how stupid we look to someone passing by who can't see the camera." We all thought it was hilarious, and so were the 3 pictures we took!

I really couldn't have asked for a better group of friends to have my bachelorette party with! I had a fantastic time the entire weekend!

13 fabulous blogger's comments:

Kim said...

So fun! I love that they hired a stripper for you - too funny. The villa looks perfect. Sorry about your pool, but the resort's pool looks magical, too.

Caro said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Heather said...

Wow! This sounds like the best weekend ever! Your friends are the best.

Heather said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!

Nicole-Lynn said...

haha love the "police man".. very funny. Looks like you girls had a great time. The place you stayed at was awesome!

My Dream Ring said...

Ok that looks like a lot of fun for sure!

redwhitebride said...

looks like a lot of fun! congrats!

Luna said...

looks like a great time. the villa was very nice.

Melissa said...

you guys look like you had an amazing time! What a gorgeous place to celebrate =)

honey my heart said...

looks like such a great time in a beautiful place :)

Sarah said...

FUN STUFF!! So happy for you! Looks perfect!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend; the villa is lovely too!

Think I would have freaked a little if my bridesmaids had got me a stripper tho!

Nicole-Lynn said...

How fun! Looked like you girls had a blast!